Join Dr. Binocs as he tells us about WATER.
Essential Question: What does water do?
Domain 5: Cognition and Knowledge of the World
PK.CKW.6: Acquires knowledge about the physical
properties of the world.
Foundational Texts: Supporting Texts:
Water Dance Snow
Float It Looks Like Spilt Milk
Water Can Be… Clouds
March’s Theme is ” Water. “
The students will learn about:
- Water is all around us.
- Some things float in water and some things sink.
- Some things change when you put them in water.
- All living things need water.
- Plants need water to grow.
- There are 3 states of matter: solid, liquid, and gas.
Watch Dr. Binocs as he tells you all about LIGHT.
ALL ABOUT LIGHT
This month our Pre-K For All unit of study focuses on sources of LIGHT.
Our Essential Question: How and Why Do We Use Different Kinds of Light?
The students will learn:
- There are many types of lights in our homes and our cities.
- Light helps us to see and also stay warm.
- Light helps plants grow
- Shadows appear when an object blocks the light.
Fun books we will be reading this month:
- Round Trip by Ann Jonas.
- Can’t You Sleep Little Bear? by Martin Waddell
- All About Light
- Moonbear’s Shadow by Frank Asch
- Draw Me A Star by Eric Carle
- Flashlight by Liz Boyd
- *Please check folder every day for reminders and notices.
- *Return washed sheets and blankets on Mondays.